Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Merchant Hotel was originally constructed in 1880. One of the few remaining examples of cast-iron Italianate architecture, the building was a first-class luxury hotel and featured the first hydraulic elevator in the city. Today, the building is home to creative and tech-driven office tenants. Recent renovations include a new tenant lounge and meeting space. Now under new ownership further improvements to the common area are in progress.