Templeton is a locally owned and operated company based in Portland, Oregon. We offer our employees a competitive salary, fantastic benefits and paid time off, immediate 100% vested 401K plan, great bonus structure, apartment discounts, and a passion for investing in our teams.
Templeton is known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike. We are consistently growing and looking for strong candidates to be a part of the Templeton family! We love coming to work each day and making a difference. If that sounds like you, please read further about the qualification for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Position: We’re looking for a dedicated Groundskeeper who loves solving problems, completing projects from start to finish, and has a passion for making our buildings look their best. Our Groundskeepers are skilled in the upkeep of a building and are very detail oriented. Our Groundskeepers take pride in the community they work for and share the common goal of creating a stellar environment for our tenants and guests. We expect our Groundskeepers to come to work each day with positivity and an eagerness to care for the community as if it were their own.
- We offer Competitive wages, Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K, Bonuses, Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 20% Apartment Discount, Paid Volunteer Day, 12 weeks of FULLY PAID Parental Leave, and MORE.
- Ability to operate a two-axle motor vehicle
- Ability to safely life and/or move items over 75lbs
- Must be able to safely and effectively perform physical activities as the job requires such as: standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Ability to operate all necessary tools to perform essential functions of the position
- Demonstrate experience and working knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental safety standards
- Ability to perform a variety of duties in all types of weather
Responsibilities: The Groundskeepers survey the grounds as their first daily task and continues to do so throughout the day as needed. Groundskeepers will complete grounds work such as removing trash from the building, plant, prune, weed, seed or remove foliage, shrubs, trees or grass as requested. Completes continuous property walks throughout the day to ensure the commercial buildings are stellar in appearance. Operates various mechanical or electrical equipment or garden tools. Completes other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Valid driver’s license and reliable private transportation